Thursday, July 19, 2007

let's begin

Where to start? My dialogue is mostly internal. I suppose this is the next best thing... iPOST and the thin air responds (maybe?). Usually my discussions are imaginary; I make shit up as I imagine how it might be in certain situations with certain people as I go about my day. They are not always productive and sometimes turn into stern rebukes of myself for imagining things will go badly when in fact they have not (yet).

Why do this? I avoid these things like the plague, usually. I think most people write to express themselves to themselves, but with the hope that somebody else will read their "secret" words and be impressed. I certainly did when I was young. Got most of my girlfriends that way... letting them read my journals, my poetry, etc. That explains the blog explosion, anyway -- instant validation for people who share too much for something they should have probably kept to themselves. There's a formula, now; what's on the iPod? what did you eat for breakfast? where are your fucking flickr photos? what's your fucking myspace name?

So am I a hypocrite? I kinda feel like one, but I think I am safe for now since I don't want to share all that shit with you. I just want to leak some of the internal dialogue into thin air. We'll see where the discussion goes.

1 comment:

Dave said...

wow - you sure seem to have a way with words. this looks like a nice beginning to what will be an interesting blog... bookmarked!